Year 5 2023 - 2024
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 5!
During the year, the children will have the opportunity to engage in creative and independent learning, whilst working independently and as a part of a team. During the year, Year 5 have the opportunity to experience being away from home at Robinwood, learning various skills and enabling them to push themselves out of their comfort zones by trying new things.
Towards the end of the year, Year 5 take to the road and learn all about road safety when riding a bike in ‘Bikeability’. They will take part in numerous sessions in how to stay safe. (Our cycle shelter within the school grounds is available for our Year 6 children to use once they have passed their Bikeability Training in Year 5)
Things you need to know:
- Spellings are given out on a Tuesday and are tested the following Tuesday.
- Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each term and can be returned as soon as completed (a minimum of 4 homeworks per half term must be completed)
- Our PE day is Wednesday & Friday (please have your indoor/outdoor PE kit every single day)
- Bring you planner to school every day.
- Read must be completed every evening (at least four times a week) and sign your planner each time you do so.
- Complete a book review once a week – you will be given a day that this will be checked.
- Practice your timetables at least 4 times a week. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app!
- Year 5 visit the library on Tuesday's
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of year 5
Files to Download
Year 5: Blog items
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Events items
There are no Events items to display