Year 5 2022 - 2023
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 5!
During the year, the children will take a trip back in time, learning about prehistory - The Stone Age to the Iron Age, The Ancient Mayan Civilisation and How modern day life has been influenced by the Ancient Greeks. Through Greography we will be looking at Trade around the World, Extreme Earth and Mountains.
In the Summer term, Year 5 set off on a three day residential to Robinwood, where they get to explore various activities from: archery, zip wiring, rock climbing, caving and much more. The residential helps the children embrace team work and offers the chance for them to experience a range of new activities.
Towards the end of the year, Year 5 take to the road and learn all about road safety when riding a bike in ‘Bikeability’. They will take part in numerous sessions in how to stay safe. (Our cycle shelter within the school grounds is available for our Year 6 children to use once they have passed their Bikeability Training in Year 5)
Things you need to know:
- Spellings are given out on a Tuesday and are tested the following Tuesday.
- Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each term.
- Our PE day is alternate Wednesday & Friday but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring you planner to school every day.
- Read at least four times a week and sign your planner each time you do so.
- Complete a book review once a week – you will be given a day that this will be checked.
- Practice your timetables at least 4 times a week. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app!
- Year 5 visit the library on Tuesdays
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of year 5
Files to Download
Year 5: Blog items
Year 5 - Well-being Ice lolly’s in the sun, by Miss Driffield
Year 5 -Escape from Heather Garth, by Miss Driffield
Year 5 - Creating music using glockenspiels, by Miss Driffield
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Events items
There are no Events items to display