Year 2 2019-20
Learning Support Assistant and Extended School
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 2!
Throughout the year pupils will cover five topics: Comparing Kenya, Fire! Fire!, Riotous Royalty, The Circle of Life and Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside.
Within these, they will take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding including Art, DT, History and Geography. They also look at different areas of Science including: Living Things and their Habitats, Plants, Animals including Humans and Uses of Every Day Materials.
Over the year we go on a number of educational visits linked to our areas of study including: Cannon Hall Museums Victorian Kitchen, the RSPB Wetlands Centre to hunt for pond and land minibeasts as well as a trip to the seaside and an ice cream. Yummy!
Things you need to know:
- Spellings are given out on a Wednesday and are tested on a fortnightly basis.
- Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each topic.
- Our PE day is Thursday but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring your planner to school every day to support your learning in class.
- Please try to read for 5-10 minutes every day and sign your child's planner each time you do so.
- Practice your 2, 5 and 10 times tables. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app and challenge your friends (the username and password is in your planner).
- PurpleMash can also be accessed at home to support literacy, numeracy and topic areas (the username and password is in your planner).
Files to Download
Year 2: Blog items
Year 2 Home Learning W.b 18.5.20, by Mrs Lancaster
Year 2 TT Rock Star Champions, by Mrs Bower
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2 Victorian Classroom Parent Session, by Mrs Lancaster
Year 2 Victorian Kitchen Visit- Cannon Hall Museum Part 3, by Mrs Lancaster
Year 2 Victorian Kitchen Visit- Cannon Hall Museum Part 2, by Mrs Lancaster
Year 2: Events items
There are no Events items to display