Year 2 2022 - 2023
SEND Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant and Extended School
Welcome to Year 2!
Throughout the year pupils will cover four topics: Comparing the UK and Kenya, Fire! Fire!, Riotous Royalty and Oh! I do like to be beside the Seaside.
Within these, they will take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding including Art, DT, History and Geography. They also look at different areas of Science including: Living Things and their Habitats, Plants, Animals including Humans and Uses of Every Day Materials.
Over the year we go on a number of educational visits linked to our areas of study including: a local walk, a visit from Yorkshire owl Experience, the National Emergency Services Museum in Sheffield as well as a trip to the seaside and an ice cream. Yummy!
Things you need to know:
- Spellings are taught in school this year.
- Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each topic.
- Our PE day is Monday or Tuesday on alternate weeks but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring your planner to school every day to support your learning in class.
- Please try to read for 5-10 minutes every day and sign your child's planner each time you do so. Look in your child's planner for your book change day!
- Library book day is Thursday.
- Practice your 2, 5 and 10 times tables. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app and challenge your friends (the username and password is in your planner).
- PurpleMash can also be accessed at home to support literacy, numeracy and topic areas (the username and password is in your planner).
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of year 2
Files to Download
Year 2: Blog items
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2: Events items
There are no Events items to display