Year 1 2022 - 2023
Learning Support Assistant
Year 1 is the most exciting year in the school!
During Year 1, our pupils will be exploring ideas, discovering different ways to learn, and will be enjoying a variety of fantastic and new experiences. We will endeavour to instil a love of learning in each and every one of the pupils in Year 1, and to inspire children's imaginations using our terrific topics!
We will work hard together to create a positive learning environment where pupils can be the best that they can be and reach their full potential!
The topics covered throughout the year are: All Around Me, Toys Then and Now, The UK, Towers, Tunnels and Turrets, Explorers and Journeys and Weather, Weather, Weather.
Within these, the pupils will take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding including: Art, DT, History and Geography. They will also look at different areas of Science such as seasonal changes, every day materials and plants, where they will be given opportunities to develop their investigative skills through the use of experiments.
Things you need to know:
- Homework Grid is given out at the beginning of each half term.
- Homework is based on what topic is taught each half term and is given out on Thursdays and is due back on the following Wednesday.
- Our PE day will alternate between Monday one week and Tuesday the week after but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring your planner to school every day.
- Read at least four times a week and sign your child's planner each time you do so.
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of year 1.
Files to Download
Year 1: Blog items
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display