Year 1 2019-20
Learning Support Assistant
Early Years Practitioner and Extended School
Year 1 is the most exciting year in the school!
During Year 1, our pupils will be exploring ideas, discovering different ways to learn, and will be enjoying a variety of fantastic and new experiences. We will endeavour to instil a love of learning in each and every one of the pupils in Year 1, and to inspire children's imaginations using our terrific topics!
We will work hard together to create a positive learning environment where pupils can be the best that they can be and reach their full potential!
The topics covered throughout the year are: Splendid Skies, Memory Box, Animals including Humans, Glorious Growth, Where do we Live and Castles.
Within these, the pupils will take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding including: Art, DT, History and Geography. They will also look at different areas of Science such as seasonal changes, every day materials and plants, where they will be given opportunities to develop their investigative skills through the use of experiments.
Things you need to know:
- Homework Grid is given out at the beginning of each half term.
- Homework is based on what topic is taught each half term and is given out on Thursdays and is due back on the following Wednesday.
- Our PE day is Monday but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring your planner to school every day.
- Read at least four times a week and sign your child's planner each time you do so.
Files to Download
Year 1: Blog items
Year 1 Spring bank Holiday outdoor activities project, by Mrs Jackson
Juicy Bird feeder, by Mrs Jackson
Year 1 week 5 Home Learning Grid, by Mrs Jackson
Year 1: Gallery items
Happy Easter Year 1!, by Mrs Jackson
Year 1 Artwork inspired by Kandinsky, by Mrs Jackson
Year 1: Events items
There are no Events items to display