Year 4 2020 - 2021
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 4!
Throughout the year, the pupils will study three topics: I Am Warrior, Raging Rivers and Wonderful Waters and Ancient Greece.
As part of the I Am Warrior topic we will visit the Jorvik Viking Centre in York, and a visit to the Ewden Education Centre to learn about how the water cycle helps with our Rivers and Wonderful Waters topic. During the Ancient Greece topic, the pupils will experience a ‘History to Life’ Greek Day and take part in Greek Olympics.
Within these topics, we will also take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding of Art, DT, History and Geography. In science we will learn about: Living Things and Their Habitats, States of Matter, Electricity, Animals Including Humans and Sound. Pupils will also be given the opportunity to develop their investigative skills through the use of experiments.
Things you need to know:
- Spellings are given out on a Wednesday and are tested the following Wednesday.
- Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each term.
- Our PE day is Tuesday but please have your PE kit every single day.
- Bring you planner to school every day.
- Read at least four times a week and sign your planner each time you do so.
- Complete a book review once a week – you will be given a day that this will be checked by Mrs Little.
- Practice your timetables at least 4 times a week. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app!
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of year 4.
Files to Download
Year 4: Blog items
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display