Year 3 2020 - 2021
Learning Support Assistant and Extended School
Welcome to Year 3!
Throughout the year, pupils will cover three topics: Ancient Egypt, Coal Mining and Rainforests. Within these, they will take part in a range of lessons to develop their knowledge and understanding including Art, DT, History and Geography.
They also look at different areas of Science such as Light, Forces and Magnets and Plants where they will be given opportunity to develop their investigative skills through the use of experiments.
We aim to cover a range of different genres of literacy where pupils can develop their creative writing in different ways. The pupils try to challenge themselves in maths with the use of reasoning questions as well as developing their knowledge of times tables through challenges each week to try to work their way up our very own leader board.
Things you need to know:
· Grid homework is given out at the beginning of each term.
· Maths or literacy homework will be given accordingly as it suits the children’s learning.
· Our PE day is Wednesday but please have your PE kit every single day.
Swimming will be starting after the February half term, on a Wednesday afternoon, so children will also need their swimming kits every Wednesday when these begin.
· Bring you planner to school every day.
· Read at least four times a week and sign your child's planner each time you do so.
· Complete a book review once a week.
· Practice your timetables. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app!
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of Year 3
Files to Download
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Events items
There are no Events items to display