Year 3 2023 - 2024
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 3!
Throughout the year, pupils will cover a range of topics with Geography and History focuses. This includes Food and Farming UK, Stone Age, Journey to Scotland, Down the Pit, Rivers and Ancient Egypt. Within these topics Year 3 will look at different History and Geography objectives. Children will also cover a range of Art, DT, Computing, Music and Spanish objectives.
They also look at different areas of Science such as Light, Forces and Magnets and Plants where they will be given opportunity to develop their investigative skills with focus on the different types of enquiry, including observations, problem solving and pattern seeking.
We aim to cover a range of different genres of literacy where pupils can develop their creative writing in different ways. The pupils try to challenge themselves in maths with the use of reasoning questions as well as developing their knowledge of times tables through daily recall tasks and questions.
Things you need to know:
· Homework will be given out weekly and will be stuck into the children's homework books. These will include a range of maths, writing, or other subject focussed tasks. They will also recieve spellings each week.
· Our PE days are alternating Mondays and Thursdays, but please have your PE kit every single day.
· Bring your planner to school every day.
· If your child brings a pack home, try to read all of the books within this over the week and fill in the planner each time. Children may do this themselves. If they bring thicker books home they may read this over the week, but fill in the planner each time they do with how many pages have been read.
· Complete a book review once a week.
· Practice your timetables. Don’t forget to use the TTRockstars app!
Please click on the pictures below to see the Age Related Expectations your child should be working towards by the end of Year 3
Files to Download
Year 3: Blog items
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Events items
There are no Events items to display